COUGH AND COLD, SKIN
It's difficult to stay healthy and active during the winter. The cold wind and steady drop in temperature can make anyone sick, especially if your immune system is weak. Being sick can be very inconvenient and can cause you to miss work for several days. During the winter, however, you cannot confine yourself within four walls. This is where Ayurveda comes in handy. According to the ancient Indian medical system, you can easily brave the cold by following some simple self-care tips. Here are five Ayurvedic tips to keep in mind this winter.
1. Do Regular Body Massage
- Ayurvedic massage is used to cleanse and help revive the body by increasing circulation, stimulating and strengthening the lymphatic system, and opening the flow of life force. Massaging the body with carrier oils like Sesame oil, Olive oil, , Coconut oil or Mustard oil mixed with few drops of essential oils, such as Lavender oil, Tea-tree oil, Rosemary oil or Eucalyptus oil to keeps the body warm, helps combat cold weather, and also keeps your skin soft and smooth. You can massage your body before or after bath or before going to bed. it relaxes the mind, relieves stress, and improves sleep quality.
2. Keep Yourself Hydrated
- In Winters we reduce our daily water intake, which is not good for our health. To stimulate your digestive system, drink a glass of warm water first thing in the morning. You can also add herbs and spices like ginger, turmeric, and cloves to your warm water to give your health an extra boost. If you want a variation on this, you might think about waking up your body and senses in the morning by drinking some honey water (at room temp), ginger tea, cinnamon tea and lemon tea.
3. Eat Warm home-cooked food
- Winter is the season for warm, well-prepared meals seasoned with gut-friendly spices, according to Ayurveda. These are not an example of home made cooked food, kindly change this. They provide comfort on cold days, but they also help your body stay in tune with the weather outside. Cold items like ice cream and other cold foods are not recommended by Ayurveda in Winters as cold food can disturb the body temperature, impact digestive fire leading to toxins, and can cause cough & cold.
4. Stay warm & Active
- When you go outside, always keep your head and ears covered. Being outside in the winter will be healthy and enjoyable if you shield your ears and head from the wind and cold. It's a great excuse to put on a lovely scarf and wool hat and go outside to take advantage of the cool winter mornings and evenings. If you prefer not to step outside, you can practise yoga at home. Insert some Yoga asans names effective in winters. It will not only keep you healthy but also help you keep warm.
5. Drink Herbal Tea & Milk (Avoid excess Caffeine)
- In winters we keep drinking Tea & Coffee to stay warm but we forgot the fact that tea and coffee has caffeine, and excessive caffeine intake is not healthy for us! Replace these caffeinated drinks with herbal tea like, Ginger, Tulsi, Cinnamon, Lemon and Pepper Tea, Ashwagandha Tea etc. (You can visit the Healthybazar website and choose your favourite from a huge variety of herbal tea available on the site)
- Do you know? It can be beneficial to add a dash of black pepper to the turmeric milk. The chemical piperine found in black pepper prevents the digestive tract and liver from breaking down turmeric compounds. Piperine, a substance found in black pepper, aids in speeding up the body's absorption of turmeric. In fact, studies suggest that piperine can increase curcumin's bioavailability by 2000%.
So the point is Drink a glass of warm milk with Turmeric and a pinch of black pepper before going to bed at night, will help you keep warm and protected from the nasty flu and cold.
Make the most of this lovely season by staying healthy with these winter self-care suggestions, so you can always take pleasure in the winter breeze and a hot cup of tea. Live a disciplined life to stay healthy. Besides that, if you suffer from any health issue like Cold, Cough or Flu, Feel free to visit on Healthybazar and take affordable Audio, Video consultation at ease of your home. HealthyBazar has experienced Experts & Doctors from around India who can treat many acute health problems and issues without any negative side effects.