Are you in search for that one thing that can help you in your weight loss or fat loss journey? well your search ends here. I’m gonna share the best technique that is also a proven method for fat loss and along with it, I’ll be sharing a few exercises as well that you should definitely add into your fitness journey.
HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts involve intense bursts of activity lasting a few seconds to several minutes, where you push yourself hard, reaching around 80 to 95 percent of your maximum heart rate. After each intense phase, you take a break of the same length but at a lower intensity, about 50 percent of your maximum heart rate. This pattern of intense work and recovery repeats for 10 to 60 minutes, depending on the workout program.
HIIT workouts are effective for weight loss. It helps burn more fat than traditional cardio exercises. A study found that HIIT workouts burns approximately 30% more calories compared to steady-state cardio workouts. moreover, HIIT workouts can help boost metabolic rate, which means continue burning calories even after finishing exercise. Lastly, HIIT workouts can contribute to muscle development. Muscle tissue is metabolically active, which means it burns calories even when you're not working out.
Read this if wants to gain weight : What Is The Best Ayurvedic Medicine For Weight Gain?
Increase Calorie Expenditure: When compared to traditional exercise methods, HIIT workouts help burn more calories, which contributes to weight loss.
Increase Metabolic Rate: HIIT workouts increase your metabolic rate, resulting in more calorie burning even after the workout is finished.
Improve Cardiovascular Health and Muscle: HIIT workouts improve cardiovascular fitness and muscle mass, which aids in weight loss and overall health.
Lower Your Risk of Chronic Diseases: Regular HIIT workouts can lower your risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.
Improve Mental Health: HIIT workouts improve mental health by reducing stress, boosting mood, and improving overall mental health.
Warm-up: To prepare your body for exercise, begin with a 5-10 minute warm-up. Light cardio exercises such as jogging, cycling, or jumping jacks can be done.
Select an Activity: Choose an activity that you enjoy, such as running, cycling, swimming, or jumping rope. This will improve the quality and duration of your workouts.
Intervals of High Intensity: Perform the chosen activity at a high intensity for 20-30 seconds. Push yourself to a difficult level that requires effort.
Rest and Recover: After each high-intensity interval, take a 10-15 second break. Take advantage of this opportunity to catch your breath and prepare for the next round.
Repeat for a total of 4-6 rounds of high-intensity intervals and rest periods. Depending on your fitness level, adjust the number of rounds and gradually increase as you progress.
Cool Down: Allow 5-10 minutes for cooling down. To lower your heart rate gradually, engage in low-intensity exercises such as walking or stretching.
Take frequent breaks and remember to listen to your body. As your fitness improves, you can gradually increase the intensity and duration of your HIIT workouts. HIIT workouts can be a safe and effective way to lose weight and improve your overall health with proper planning and effort.
- It's a two-part exercise: push-up followed by a jump in the air.
- Works out all muscles, especially calves, chest, triceps, shoulders, biceps, glutes, and lats is (latissimus dorsi muscles).
- How to do it: Start in a partial squat position, touch the ground with your chest, push-up, jump up with hands raised, and repeat.
2. High Knees:
- Strengthens leg muscles, increases heart rate, and improves coordination and flexibility.
- How to do it: Stand with feet hip-width apart, lift one knee toward the chest, and alternate quickly while running in place.
3. Lunge Jumps:
- Advanced variation of walking lunges, burns calories, and boosts heart rate.
- How to do it: Stand with legs shoulder-width apart, step forward with one leg and bend down, then jump and switch legs mid-air, landing with the other leg forward.
4. Jumping Jacks:
- Full-body exercise that requires no equipment.
- How to do it: Stand with feet hip-width apart, jump while moving feet laterally apart and raising arms overhead, then return to the starting position and repeat.
5. Mountain Climbers:
- Full-body exercise that improves cardio endurance and agility.
- How to do it: Start in a straight arm plank position, bring knees towards the chest one at a time in a running motion, alternating quickly.
6. Rope Jumping:
- Fun exercise that burns calories and doesn't require much equipment.
- How to do it: Hold a rope, jump with legs together while swinging the rope around your body from head to toe.
- Common bodyweight exercise that builds upper body strength.
- How to do it: Start in a plank position with hands and toes touching the ground, lower your body down while keeping a straight line, push your back up, and repeat.
8. Russian Twist:
- Works core and hips, great for twisting movements.
- How to do it: Sit on the ground with knees-up in a V position, twist from side to side.
Also read : Best Indian food for Weight Loss
Remember to practice these exercises with proper form and gradually increase intensity or difficulty as you progress. Patience and determination will help you improve over time.
Are you frustrated and exhausted because you've tried everything and still haven't lost any weight? Don't worry, our bodies can be affected by a variety of factors, such as hormones or deficiencies, which may be preventing any positive changes from occurring. It is critical to seek professional advice in such cases. I strongly advise you to consult with AYUSH-based experts who can help you make appropriate lifestyle changes and provide natural medicines with no side effects. You can achieve not only physical fitness but also overall well-being by following their advice. So, why continue to wait? Consult with Healthybazar and let us help you achieve your fitness goals holistically. If you are willing to read more about HIIT refer to this research paper - High-intensity interval training for health benefits and care of cardiac diseases - The key to an efficient exercise protocol