Sex is one of the most under-discussed topics. Many individuals find it hard to talk about sex or even raise a question about certain sexual health problems. When there is pain or a problem in other body parts, we seek medical help. Then why are sexual problems ignored?
Many people battle with sex problems globally. Bedroom issues mainly include sexual performance and low sex interest. There are experts in every field. Visiting a normal physician to seek help for a sex-related problem will not give you complete satisfaction, which is when a sexologist comes into the picture.
Sexologist or sex therapist is trained professionals who specialize in human sexuality and hold vast knowledge and skills. They study sexual behaviors, feelings, and interactions and accordingly address the concern and reconcile the issues.
According to findings, 22.2% to 76% of the population have sexual dysfunction. It makes crucial for us to look after our sexual wellness. As sex is still taboo in India and you are a person who is uncomfortable with having face-to-face consultation, you can opt for online consultancy. Sexologists online can provide you same and benefitting treatment as the sexologist offline.
Sex therapy is a type of talk therapy designed to help individuals and couples address medical, personal, psychological, or interpersonal factors that impact sexual satisfaction. It may help you to reframe sexual challenges and increase sexual satisfaction.
If the emotional health and quality of life are affected due to sexual dysfunction, it is best to visit or have an online sexologist appointment.
A consultation from a sex therapist should be on your card if:
1. Nightfall- Ejaculation in sleep
2. Erectile Dysfunction- Enable to keep an erection for sex
3. Small Penis Size- A size less than normal penis size, i.e., 4 cm.
4. Premature ejaculation- Uncontrolled ejaculation (discharge of semen) either before or shortly after sexual penetration during intercourse.
5. Low Libido – Decreased interest in sexual activity
6. Loss of Sex Drive - due to anxiety, relationship issues, diabetes, or physical exertion.
7. Pain and Discomfort during Sex- Due to an infection or injury on the private part.
8. Performance Issues due to anxiety, tension, workload, depression, and newly-wed hesitation.
Sex therapy is like psychotherapy. A sexologist treats the condition by talking through experiences, worries, and feelings.
Along with the therapist, you can cope with improving your sexual responses in the future so you can have a healthier sex life.
In the initial visit, the sexologist will either talk with just you or you along with your partner.
With each session, the sexologist will push you towards managing and accepting your concern that may lead to your sexual issue.
They are not there to take one person’s side or to help persuade anyone.
Also, everyone will keep their clothes on. The sexologist will not be having sexual relations or showing anyone how to have sex.
Do not shy away or hesitate because all the sexual therapy conversation, including sex therapy, is both educational and in a supportive environment. The therapist provides comfort and encourages you to answer questions regarding your sexual issue and then accordingly prescribe medication or certain assignments.
Read More: What is the difference between a Urologist and a Sexologist?
The Unani system of medicine is a perfect healing method. According to the Unani discipline, the human body comprises seven natural components responsible for the well-being and maintenance of overall human health. When treating sexual dysfunction, Unani medicine has proven to heal and offers the necessary medication and lifestyle changes.
The Unani method of treatment guarantees no side effects and allows you to live a healthy sexual life after completing the course of the treatment.
Also read: Unani Treatment: A Cure for Erectile Dysfunction (Istirkha-e-Qazeeb)
Mentioned are some Unani medicine for sexual problems -
1. Majun Aarad Khurma is a natural aphrodisiac. It treats male sexual problems, strengthens the penile tissues, enhances blood circulation, and increases semen consistency.
Dosage: Take 1tsp twice daily, 2 hours after breakfast and dinner.
2. Majun Salab strengthens the sexual organ and cures male sexual problems.
Dosage: 1 tsp twice a day with milk or as prescribed by the doctor
3. Qurs Kushta Qalai treats all the sexual problems in men, like premature ejaculation and impotence, and also improves nerves and the thickness of semen.
Dosage: Take two tablets twice daily
4. Jawarish Jalinoos strengthens vital organs and improves overall body function.
Dosage: Take one tablespoon after the meal with water or milk.
It is advisable to consult an Unani medicine expert before opting for any of these medications.
Sex is a natural and healthy phenomenon. Sexual problem not just affects sexual intimacy but also disturbs emotional well-being. Sexologists can be great therapists to help you and your partner personally. HealthyBazar.com has some online sexologist experts that can help you reframe your sexual challenges and improve your sexual life through Unani and herbal medications.