Do the joints in your fingers or toes hurt at all? Or do you wake up with a stiff body? Or has discomfort caused a change in your walking style? If so, you and your family members should read the following article. All of the aforementioned symptoms are indications of Arthritis, which can be treated naturally by consulting a renowned Unani doctor at HealthyBazar.
Unani Medicine is well known for its effectiveness in treating musculoskeletal disorders like Arthritis, Sciatica, and Gout because it does have minimal or no side effects.
Arthritis is referred to as Waja-ul-Mafasil in Unani medicine, and it is characterized by pain or inflammation (Warm) in the hands, foot, knees, and ankle joints. It is caused by a substance (Madda) accumulating in the joints due to the brittleness of the joints that is caused by a lack of vitamin D, or any injury that damages the joints.
According to recent WHO data, 0.8 percent of individuals globally suffer from Arthritis. In most countries, it ranges from 0.3 to 1.0 percent. The incidence is noticeably more common in developed countries. It is estimated that more than 1% of the Indian population suffers from arthritis.
Now let's examine the causes, symptoms, home remedies, and best available Unani medicines for Arthritis in detail.
Arthritis has a wide range of origins. Some significant reasons include the following:
1. Imbalance Phlegm humour (Balgam)- It becomes thick in consistency and moves in between the gaps in joints. It causes pain in the joints and leads to Arthritis.
2. Waja-ul-Mafasil reehi- It is a type of Arthritis caused by reeh-e-ghaleez, which are harmful gases that enter the body and become trapped in the joints, causing Arthritis.
According to Ibn-e-Sina, a famous Unani scholar, psychic factors play an essential role in the causation of this disease. In addition, hereditary factors and joint weakness, some other factors also contribute to the disease.
Depending on the underlying source of the issue, the degree of pain from Arthritis can differ from person to person. Here are a few common signs and symptoms of Arthritis:
1. Stiffness and inflammation
2. Redness and warmth to the touch
3. Fragility or instability
4. Popping or crunching sounds
5. Inability to fully straighten the knee
6. Numbness and tingling in the knees
Here are some effective home remedies to ease Arthritis symptoms:
1. Ginger Tea - Take 10 to 12 slices of ginger and 8 cups of water and boil them. Take this tea throughout the day, every time after reheating it. It reduces the symptoms of Gout.
2. Sesame Oil (Til Tel) - Massage is an excellent way to get relief from the symptoms of knee and joint pain. Using sesame oil, massage the stiff and painful knee joints in the morning. The massage improves blood circulation and reduces stiffness and inflammation.
3. Castor oil (Arandi Tel) - Before bed, give your joints a warm castor oil massage to ease Arthritis discomfort.
4. Hibiscus (China Rose) - Take a dried flower, boil it in five cups of water, stir it, and enjoy it sip by sip. Hibiscus reduces Arthritis symptoms.
5. Eucalyptus Oil - It can be applied topically to relieve knee joint pain. Inflammation and joint pain are both lessened as a result. Heat pads are sometimes used as a follow-up to maximize the results.
6. Aromatherapy - It is a natural remedy, and it doesn't seem to have an impact on the factors that cause inflammation or pain. But it might make you feel better. It has been shown that the essential oils lavender and lemon fragrance might improve your mood.
Below are a few essential points that should be included in an Arthritis diet:
1. Vitamin D
The fragility of the bones is associated with vitamin D insufficiency. Early morning sunshine exposure, fish like salmon and sardines, and fortified milk, cereals, and eggs are all good sources of vitamin D. If you do not get enough vitamin D from these sources, you can also take supplements.
2. Vitamin C
The chance of Arthritis worsening is decreased by vitamin C. Citrus fruits and juices, green peppers, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, turnip greens, other leafy greens, sweet potatoes, and other foods are some of the good sources of Vitamin C.
3. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are good fats that have been found to lessen joint inflammation. Fish oil and nut oils, such as those from walnuts, canola, soybeans, flax seeds, linseed, and olives, are excellent sources of these.
4. Additional Dietary Advice
You should include wheat, Indian millet, spinach, onions, beetroots, carrots, red pepper, black pepper, anjeer, almonds, pistas, walnuts, dates, grapes, and apples, pure ghee, methi, shaljam, Makka (corn), and papaya in your diet.
All of these treatments have been quite successful in reducing symptoms and improving the patient's overall health. Both are used individually and jointly, as per the need.
1. Cupping Therapy (Hijamah)
It refers to an Unani regimental mode of treatment which is carried out by the application of cup-shaped glass or plastic vessels on the body surface. Hijamah in the back of the knee joint and calf muscles is beneficial for knee joint pain.
2. Massage (Dalak)
It is a therapeutic technique or systematic manipulation of body tissues with the hands. It involves working and acting on the body with gentle pressure by using the expertise of hands, sometimes with fingers, elbows, knees, forearms, feet, or with a massage device. Massage can promote relaxation and the well-being of the patient. This technique is mostly used for neurological and musculoskeletal disorders.
Here are some of the best and most effective Unani medicines for Arthritis that work wonders:
Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice a day with plain water.
2. Roghan-e-surkh (Hamdard, Rex) increases blood circulation in the affected area and decreases swelling.
Usage: For local application, warm the oil and massage the affected area.
3. Majun Auja (Hamdard, Rex) decreases muscle and joint stiffness, relaxes them, and relieves the pain.
Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice a day with plain water.
Along with medicine, the patients have to follow a strict regime as per the guidelines of the Unani system of medicine. Therefore, it is strongly advised to avoid self-medication.
Patients are advised to visit the nearest authorized Unani Centre for treatment and advice or consult one of the top Unani Doctors and Practitioners, Dr. Asfiya Najmi online at HealthyBazar.
The quality of life for those who suffer from Arthritis is significantly impacted by this prevalent ailment. With no or minimal side effects, Unani treatment is superior and more efficient in treating chronic illnesses of the Musculoskeletal system. Manual therapies, food and lifestyle recommendations, pharmaceutical treatment, and regimental therapy such as Dalak (massage), Taleeq (leech therapy), and Hijama (cupping) are all included in Unani treatment. All of these regimens have demonstrated outstanding outcomes in the management of Arthritis.